Swapping Cars Ideas

Go down

Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:20 pm

The two month trial period doesn't work for those of us who had no idea about GRDC until less than a week ago. New people who want to be involved don't have the luxury of the 2 months everyone originally did.

In fact look at the GRDC forum and look at who has posted garages and who has posted that they have been participating, its all the new people. The people who didn't have 2 months to play around to find the right car.

Since you have to post your garage on GRDC forums to be legit 90% of the original people on the forzamotorsport thread are not even valid participants yet. Since you also have to post the garage which means you know when someone joined then you could give a trial period based on a number of weeks from that instead of on real time in the past.

Do I wish I knew about GRDC 2 months ago? Sure I think its awesome and I wish I found it sooner but I only found out about it a few days ago. I think part of the fun of the grassroots thing is finding a car that feels like its "you" but that means trying things and not everything that sounds cool and costs less than 35000 ends up being something people are happy with.

The point of keeping the same car is that you grow attached to it and over time you upgrade it and it becomes something way more than 35000 would originally get you. If this is the case how does it negatively impact me if someone else decides to hit the reset button and try a new car for the original budget? Look at anyone of our Forza garages and you'll find the cars we have hundreds of miles on and have done tons of races with that are by far our favorites but we definitely have gone through and raced with a lot more cars to find that out. The only reason I could pick 1 or 2 cars out of my whole garage if I could only have 1 or 2 is because of the time I spent with all of them. If I had only driven that one car I would always have the grass is greener feeling that I was missing out. Letting people play around with whatever car they can build for 35,000 does not hurt anyone else because the people who stick with their one car are able to gain 2,000 a week more money

Also to handle the we want to increase the base amount for new players let say a few months down the road it goes to 40,000, you just make it so anytime someone swaps they go back to the amount it was when they started. IE I would always get 35,000 even if newbies were getting 40. This make it so people are less likely to change once they get invested but are free to do so in the beginning


Last edited by Jaynen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : better wording, more thoughts)

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  O9K Seaking on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 am

no
avatar
O9K Seaking

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 am

So why don't you at least address the issue? Or answer the questions raised.

Let's say 10 new people go and read the thread now and decide they want to participate, or that people participating now tell their friends to participate. They get no trial period, if they register with a car, even if they have not done a money earning event they are "locked in" according to the rules? Or more likely they do one or two events because people are actively looking for others to do parking lots so they do one and realize they dont like the car but now since they have been in a money earning event they are stuck. What is your solution for that? Screw them they either stick with it or they can quit?

If this club is only for those people who posted up during the 2 month trial period then where are all those people? And someone should let us noobs know so we can do our own thing if that is the case. If this is meant to be a grassroots community then the "its my way or the highway" attitude without any sort of communication and explanation of questions raised is going to end up biting it in the ass.

It's not even clear who is in charge, who can dictate what the rules are.

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  NCD1 Boosted on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 am

MSD just let Lizard or Lowlife deal with this. I mean its not that serious. Just a tip to all the new people that join, dont register on here if you do not think you are gonna be comfortable in that car. If you have registered and posted your car in your garage that is your own fault. You can join this club at anytime you want. The rules cannot be changed just because someone registered posted their car and does not like it. You should have given your self a trial period before jumping the gun and dont know what your getting yourself into. More than half the people that have joined grassroots do not like the way their car performs, but they have to stick it out and deal with it. I am not jumping down anyones throat here i am just giving my $0.2

NCD1 Boosted

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 26
Location : Orange Park, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  R32 DORI DORI on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:40 am

Whats making the new guys post up details of their cars? I would think that people wouldn't post untill they know what they want. If they don't post they can still have that trial period and test out different cars but since its past the lock down I don't see why anyone should be aloud to chop and change AFTER they have posted their garage details.

It would cause a huge headache trying to work out all the new trial periods and join dates to keep it all 'legal'

And alot of the orignal posters from the FM.net thread are here *waves*
avatar
R32 DORI DORI

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 30
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:43 am

Boosted wrote:MSD just let Lizard or Lowlife deal with this. I mean its not that serious. Just a tip to all the new people that join, dont register on here if you do not think you are gonna be comfortable in that car. If you have registered and posted your car in your garage that is your own fault. You can join this club at anytime you want. The rules cannot be changed just because someone registered posted their car and does not like it. You should have given your self a trial period before jumping the gun and dont know what your getting yourself into. More than half the people that have joined grassroots do not like the way their car performs, but they have to stick it out and deal with it. I am not jumping down anyones throat here i am just giving my $0.2

I respect your answer and in fact I think you make a good point. maybe we could get a sticky post in the member garage section and rules section and let people know that. If you want to test stuff do it before you post up anything because that's when you are committed. The rules as they are written now still take into account that there was a 2 month trial period and assume people have already done this. Maybe even make a new sub forum for people who are checking it out but not committed yet so they can post builds they are considering and get feedback or find other window shoppers to do some tests with before they commit to the club. I know I got confused with the fact "everyone else" had a 2 month trial then I am told I don't get any.

And for the record I am fine with my car the only thing wrong with it was the mess I made of the tuning. I understand that the essence of grassroots is doing the most with what you don't have like most of us have to do in the real world where even a 35000 dollar budget is beyond generous. Thanks Boosted for the reply I had not really thought of it like that before.

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  NCD1 Boosted on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:43 am

R32 DORI DORI wrote:Whats making the new guys post up details of their cars? I would think that people wouldn't post untill they know what they want. If they don't post they can still have that trial period and test out different cars but since its past the lock down I don't see why anyone should be aloud to chop and change AFTER they have posted their garage details.

It would cause a huge headache trying to work out all the new trial periods and join dates to keep it all 'legal'

And alot of the orignal posters from the FM.net thread are here *waves*
My point exactly. I would just be to much of a headache. It would be like "monkey see monkey do" everybody switching cars.

NCD1 Boosted

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 26
Location : Orange Park, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  NCD1 Boosted on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 am

Jaynen wrote:
Boosted wrote:MSD just let Lizard or Lowlife deal with this. I mean its not that serious. Just a tip to all the new people that join, dont register on here if you do not think you are gonna be comfortable in that car. If you have registered and posted your car in your garage that is your own fault. You can join this club at anytime you want. The rules cannot be changed just because someone registered posted their car and does not like it. You should have given your self a trial period before jumping the gun and dont know what your getting yourself into. More than half the people that have joined grassroots do not like the way their car performs, but they have to stick it out and deal with it. I am not jumping down anyones throat here i am just giving my $0.2

I respect your answer and in fact I think you make a good point. maybe we could get a sticky post in the member garage section and rules section and let people know that. If you want to test stuff do it before you post up anything because that's when you are committed. The rules as they are written now still take into account that there was a 2 month trial period and assume people have already done this. Maybe even make a new sub forum for people who are checking it out but not committed yet so they can post builds they are considering and get feedback or find other window shoppers to do some tests with before they commit to the club. I know I got confused with the fact "everyone else" had a 2 month trial then I am told I don't get any.

And for the record I am fine with my car the only thing wrong with it was the mess I made of the tuning. I understand that the essence of grassroots is doing the most with what you don't have like most of us have to do in the real world where even a 35000 dollar budget is beyond generous. Thanks Boosted for the reply I had not really thought of it like that before.
Your welcome man! Im just not tryin to get this shut down like it did in FM2. Once things really get going its gonna be much fun. Just right now im sure Lizard and Lowlife are busy ya know.

NCD1 Boosted

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 26
Location : Orange Park, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:48 am

""With this reincarnation of GRDC, we are introducing a "trial period." This means that starting from today until GRDC has officially started (TBD, but VERY soon), you can change around cars to find out what works best for you. I will say this once, so let me be very clear. When GRDC has officially started, whatever car you feel comfortable with and use in your first event, that will be your starting car."

So is it when you do an official grassroots event?
When you do an official grassroots event and take the money from it?
or when you post your profile and garage that you are committed?

For consistencies sake the rules should be probably be the same everywhere.

And I am only asking questions because I want to see it succeed not to just be a pain. I've heard a lot of people with questions in the lots I've been too so far and can see where they might be confused.

The old mustang was my first choice but I just couldnt get it to behave for me, plus too many people had the same idea Smile

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  theSidesweep on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm

hey guys, some of this was partially my fault. on the forza forums i had posted up a signup with a Nissan Skyline 350 GT (prior to even knowing about this site) only to shortly after discover that the car was nowhere near what i had expected. i then made the switch to the '92 supra, which i had built within all the parameters and guidelines. i've used it in 3 parking lot events and everybody else has accepted it, i just need to get this issue cleared with Lizard.
avatar
theSidesweep

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:04 pm

I think you are fine though because the rules say at your first event. So if you did no events with the 350 then its ok

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  theSidesweep on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm

okay good, i never did an event with the 350. nice Smile.
avatar
theSidesweep

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  O9K Seaking on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 pm

R32 DORI DORI wrote:Whats making the new guys post up details of their cars? I would think that people wouldn't post untill they know what they want. If they don't post they can still have that trial period and test out different cars but since its past the lock down I don't see why anyone should be aloud to chop and change AFTER they have posted their garage details.

It would cause a huge headache trying to work out all the new trial periods and join dates to keep it all 'legal'

And alot of the orignal posters from the FM.net thread are here *waves*
this is what I meant by no, once you participate in your first grdc room, that car you used is the car your gonna use for the rest of them (unless you buy another car with you grass roots bank).

My no was a no to changing your car after your post your details or participate in your first room.
avatar
O9K Seaking

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 pm

SCS MSD wrote:
R32 DORI DORI wrote:Whats making the new guys post up details of their cars? I would think that people wouldn't post untill they know what they want. If they don't post they can still have that trial period and test out different cars but since its past the lock down I don't see why anyone should be aloud to chop and change AFTER they have posted their garage details.

It would cause a huge headache trying to work out all the new trial periods and join dates to keep it all 'legal'

And alot of the orignal posters from the FM.net thread are here *waves*
this is what I meant by no, once you participate in your first grdc room, that car you used is the car your gonna use for the rest of them (unless you buy another car with you grass roots bank).

My no was a no to changing your car after your post your details or participate in your first room.

The rules don't say anything about when you post your details you are committed though they say when you do your first room you are, so that needs to be clarified for consistency if its based off posting and not just based on the room participation.

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  O9K Seaking on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 am

SCS MSD wrote:
once you participate in your first grdc room, that car you used is the car your gonna use for the rest of them (unless you buy another car with you grass roots bank).

My no was a no to changing your car after your post your details or participate in your first room.

What i have bolded here, it is not a direct quote from Lizard, but something very similar to what he told me, and I thought it was in the OP of the FM.net thread, I could be wrong about the OP though.
avatar
O9K Seaking

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-12-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Jaynen on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:51 am

SCS MSD wrote:
SCS MSD wrote:
once you participate in your first grdc room, that car you used is the car your gonna use for the rest of them (unless you buy another car with you grass roots bank).

My no was a no to changing your car after your post your details or participate in your first room.

What i have bolded here, it is not a direct quote from Lizard, but something very similar to what he told me, and I thought it was in the OP of the FM.net thread, I could be wrong about the OP though.

[quote="SCS MSD"]
SCS MSD wrote:
once you participate in your first grdc room, that car you used is the car your gonna use for the rest of them (unless you buy another car with you grass roots bank).

My no was a no to changing your car after your post your details or participate in your first room.

And what I am bolding is your statement that is was posting your details *OR* participating in your first room that locked you in. Using Sidesweeps example he posted the 350 but never used it in a room so according to Lizard's rules post he is fine, according to yours he would have still been committed. Boosted also mentioned being committed when you post the garage profile here. If that is an additional rule besides the attending a room with the car than that is what needs clarification.

Jaynen

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  LOWLIFE on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Let me make this clear, Before we have someone else attempt to suck all the fun out of this by being way to technical because they are having regrets about their car.

Once you post your garage thread, and use it in a GRDC room you are locked in. You cannot earn money until you post a thread. Therefore you can test as long as you want. But once you post your build, that's it.

New members must post right away, they can take two months as well to find their car.
avatar
LOWLIFE
Admin

Posts : 28
Join date : 2009-06-16
Age : 43
Location : Laughlin, NV.

View user profile http://www.disdrifting.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Swapping Cars Ideas

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum